[de] Zyan und große Datenmengen (z.B. Datei Upload) (solved)

Topics: Technical Support
Jun 24, 2011 at 12:51 PM

Hallo,

mich würde interessieren ob ZYAN auch für große Datenmengen z.B. den Up- oder Download von Dateien geeignet ist.
Ich habe nur gehört, dass das Standard Remoting dafür weniger geeignet ist.

Schöne Grüße
Thomas Lauer

Coordinator
Jun 24, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Hi, thomaslauer!

As far as I can understand, you're asking about file transfer in Zyan vs. Remoting. I'm sorry to say, I don't speak German, so please let's discuss the subject in English. Rainbird is on holidays till mid-July and he doesn't seem to have internet access most of the time.

Zyan Framework is heavily based on existing Remoting infrastructure, so most of .NET Remoting restrictions are applicable to Zyan as well. Remoting is message-based framework, it is designed to support remote calls, rather to transfer large amounts of data. There is no streaming support.

For relatively small amounts of data you can simply use byte arrays:

public interface IFileExchanger
{
    void SendFile(string fileName, byte[] data);
    byte[] ReceiveFile(string fileName);
}

For larger files (say, a few megabytes), you'll probably have to implement some custom handling, i. e., split large file into smaller chunks and transfer them one by one.

Nevertheless, I'd recommend Zyan over raw .NET Remoting for your task. In Zyan, you can easily use events to track file transfer progress. Setting up client/server is also a lot easier. Give it a try and feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Regards, yallie