[en] NUnit Exceptions (not reproduced)

Topics: Technical Support
Jul 9, 2013 at 9:51 AM
I have a client-Server application. The Client is in MVVM. Now I will use the NUnit to test my ViewModel.

When I run the tests automaticly than come up the following exception:
The type for member "Zyan.Communication.LogicalCallContextData,Zyan.Communication, Version=2.4.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null" was not resolved.
If I tracet by setting a breakpoint then it works fine

Did someone know, what I can do? I found the discousin . But I have a seperate NUnit-Test-Classe.
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 10:26 AM
Edited Jul 9, 2013 at 10:41 AM
Hi,

it looks like a bug in Visual Studio test runner environment.
We haven't found a solution for this issue so far.

Have you tried using TestDriven.NET add-in to run your unit tests, as suggested in the discussion you've found?
It supports NUnit, MSTest and lots of other unit test frameworks, and it has a free edition.
Jul 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM
Thank you for the link, but I don´t use the VS Test Runner Enviroment. I runnit directly (via toolbox button) from nunit.

But in the meanwhile i found out: If I start the test first time, than come up the error. If i press the "run"-button in NUnit-Gui a secondtime again then the test works fine.

could be that the server not ready to response? How can I determine that the server-instance is finished to instance the client connection? How can I wait?
Coordinator
Jul 9, 2013 at 3:55 PM
Edited Jul 9, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Hi,

I've just created a NUnit test project (class library) and executed it using NUnit test runner (nunit-x86.exe) without any errors.
Here is a screenshot:

Here you can download the project: NUnitTestProject.zip,
it requires NUnit version 2.6.2.

If you still experience this error, please help me to reproduce it.
Download my project template and add the smallest possible test case that reproduces the error
(note that you may need to fix reference paths for NUnit and Zyan assemblies in my project).

Thanks, yallie

P.S
could be that the server not ready to response?
No, I don't think so.
It is most likely a problem with the test loader.
Jul 12, 2013 at 4:39 PM
Thank you for your work.

I have try to investigate the reason and i think it is the using of the backgroundworker on server side.

The next days I have some days of holydays, so i dont find out anymore. I think that zyan is NOT the problem, too. Sorry for your extra work

have a nice weekend