This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

[en] Zyan on Raspberry (solved)

Topics: Technical Support
Dec 8, 2016 at 7:27 PM
Hi Yallie,

time ago you helped me with my windows project. I have some programs running over 10 month constantly without any break with your assembly. Very good.

Now I have another question.
I have a windows application communicating with each other. A programm called Dispatcher and time tracking terminal application as client. The applications should communicate with each other. Dispatcher should send query request to the client(s), client(s) should send data to the dispatcher, booking times. This is implemented in a WPF application on Windows workstation with no problem.

Now i want to transfer the "Time Booking Client" to a Linux (ubuntu) or Raspberry Pi2/3 with Ubuntu.

Read you have some project with mono, etc.
Do you have some experience with developing on Linux with Mono, Xamarin and installing the application on a Raspberry?

Thanks much in advance.
Best Jens.
Dec 10, 2016 at 12:35 PM
Hi,

solved it by myself.

Didn't know it's so easy with MonoDevelop and Nuget Package to get it to fly.
Thanks anyway.

Best Jens.
Marked as answer by yallie on 12/10/2016 at 12:43 PM
Coordinator
Dec 10, 2016 at 8:42 PM
Hello Jens,

sorry for my late reply!

Codeplex doesn't send notifications about new discussions nowadays, what a shame.
I'm considering transferring the whole project to Github along with the documentation, etc.

Anyway glad to hear you figured it out, and thanks for letting me know.
Never tried myself running Zyan on Raspberry Pi, would be awesome if you share your experience.
I'd be very grateful if you drop a small post about your project here: Projects using Zyan Framework

Thanks for getting in touch!

Regards, Alexey
Dec 17, 2016 at 2:28 PM
Hi Alexey,

sorry for my late answer, You are there, thats great. We did a lot of work with Zyan on Ubuntu and Ubuntu/Debian on Raspberry. I'll tell you in another thread.
Coordinator
Dec 18, 2016 at 10:56 AM
Hello Jens,

I've created a Github organization for Zyan and its related projects: https://github.com/zyanfx
The repository is already transferred there with the complete development history.

Assuming that https://github.com/guehmann is your Github account,
I took the liberty to invite you to the organization.
Hope with Github I'll be able to answer email questions just in time.

Regards, Alexey