[en] Projects using Zyan Framework

Topics: Announcements
Coordinator
Feb 21, 2012 at 6:57 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2012 at 5:02 PM

Dear fellow developers,

if you have used Zyan in your project, please spend a few minutes replying to this thread.
Feel free to post here any details you'd like to share, such as:

• Name, website, logo of your company
  • Product name, how many users does it have
  • What features of Zyan are used: duplex channel, LINQ support, MEF integration, etc.

Please mention any issues as well so we can focus our efforts to improve Zyan further.
I hope that this thread will help other people to figure out whether they should use Zyan in their own projects.

Alternatively, if you prefer not to share details, you may just click this Ohloh button to confirm
that you are using Zyan in your projects (please note that Ohloh.net account is required):

I use Zyan

Thank you!

Coordinator
Feb 22, 2012 at 5:07 PM

I work at Ultima Businessware, software development company based in Moscow, Russia.
Our flagship product is a large-scale ERP system, and the current development version is based on Zyan Framework.

We are using almost every feature of Zyan including:

• Duplex TCP connection with custom authentication and session managers
  • Distributed LINQ queries, call interception
  • MEF integration, both client-side and server-side parts
  • Session-bound events and event filters

We also plan to use traffic compression and monitoring once it's available.

Mar 13, 2012 at 1:43 PM
Edited Mar 13, 2012 at 1:44 PM

Hi,

I'm developing software for fire departments in Germany.
The software is showing the current status of fire-fighting vehicles.
The software is server client based. Server gets state through a decoder and sends to all clients.
Sorry, I have no website yet.

I'm using following Zyan features:

• Duplex TCP connection between server and clients
  • IPC connection between udpate service and server 
  • Events (client sends delegates to server. Delegates were invoked by the server)

Furthermore i want to thank Rainbird for his great support.
Many thanks to you, Rainbird.

Jul 25, 2013 at 2:38 PM
Hi all, yallie asked if I'd share our experiences of using Zyan with the user base.

We're using the Zyan Framework to connect several parts of our suite of Risk Management products together, to give our users maximum flexibility in deployment.
We've deployed elements locally, across a LAN and even on Amazon AWS (for instance, connecting from UK to Australia) without issue using TCP duplex connections.

Of particular interest to us and to our clients is the ability to communicate encrypted data quickly - vital for our line of business.

Typically we have one or more control applications using duplex TCP to a remote server running our Data Manager. This in turn connects to our Central Logic via IPC. The Central Logic implements a queue and multi-threaded engines thus releasing the Data Manager quickly to prepare the next call.

In summary we use:
  • TCPDuplexClient & Server for inter-network calls
  • A callback registry of clients so we can pass data back and forth between multiple connected clients (and to the correct client!)
  • Encryption for safe data transfer.
  • IPCBinaryClient & Server for calls on the same machine, to keep our logical business processes separate and therefore maximise resources, and to get maximum connection speed.
Trying to use TCP Remoting without the Zyan Framework would never have got off the ground - just glad we came across it.

Also, we have received excellent service and support with even the most inept questions - thanks to you both for this!

Dave

International Risk Partnership
Aug 1, 2013 at 10:20 AM
我们在中国 为 电脑销售行业开发进销存软件。
使用了zyan的通讯功能。现在想扩展一个更稳定的类似实时聊天的功能。请问您能给我们提供一些帮助吗?
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2013 at 2:21 PM
Edited Aug 3, 2013 at 11:48 AM
Thanks everyone for contributing to this thread!

I'd like to ask posting in English, please.
Here is an automated translation of the last post:

We develop in China invoicing software for the computer sales using Zyan communication framework.
We'd like to expand the functionality which a stabler similar real-time chats. Could you provide some help to us?

Please create a new thread on this forum if you have any questions.
Thanks!
Coordinator
Oct 8, 2013 at 4:20 PM
Edited Oct 9, 2013 at 11:39 AM
A few days ago I've got this message from Swifter:

I use your framework in my DronePhone GPS Tracker system to transfer GPS position information from my UDP server (which accepts the position data from a Windows Phone mounted on a flying quadcopter) to a Bing map client, where the real-time position of the drone is displayed. So far, it works very well.

I wrote my own UDP stuff, but your software made the TCP server to the WPF map clients very easy.

You can see more info here:
http://phantompilots.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=2700&p=18719

You can see a video of a flight synchronized with the DronePhone Map client here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DS3cgnEKpKY

It is best watched at full screen, 1080p.

Enjoy, and thanks for the great software!

Awesome stuff! I wish it were open-source :)

DronePhone Banner
Dec 17, 2013 at 8:45 AM
Edited Dec 17, 2013 at 8:51 AM
Hello,

we are using Zyan for our Inhouse-Development of an ERP-System. Long time ago we are using a OpenSource ERP, but we have Special Needs and the "old" System wasn´t develop again.

So we start on January 1, 2013 with a new Project. Here some Highlights:
  • Client-Server architecture (Communication with Zyan - TCPDuplex)
  • Full .NET development (WPF - MVVM - Entity Framework) - most of the code is written in VB.NET
  • VPN Optimation (we Transfer only needed Data)
  • Realtime functions for inform Client for updates
  • MEF for a modulbased development and extensibilitiy
  • Only using Standard Projects or open source Projects to do main Goals (ex.: MS SQL / MS Reporting Services, ...)
Now in December will will release our first Version to do the inventure. We plan to Change the ERP complete at end of year 2014

Thank you very much for your good work and helpfull support